Table of Contents
Ghatkopar west lies in close proximity to developed areas of Santa Cruz, Khar and Juhu, while Ghatkopar east is close to Nath Pai Nagar, Kamraj Nagar, Garodia Nagar and Pant Nagar. Ghatkopar west is a commercial hub while Ghatkopar east is a residential destination, although various prominent builders are presently investing in both the parts. Famous residential localities forming a part of Ghatkopar west are Jagdusha Nagar, Nityanand Nagar, Himalaya Society, Old and New Klal Estate, Sarvodaya Housing Society, Bhatwadi, Sohrab Baug, Chirag Nagar and Amrut Nagar.
Connectivity with nearby Ghatkopar west localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Barrister Nath Pai Road, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Lal Bahadur Shastri Road, Tilak Road and the RB Marg run through Ghatkopar connecting it with the various parts of Mumbai, Maharshtra.
- BEST and ST bus services are operational here.
- The nearest airport is the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport which lies at a distance of 6.5 kilometres.
- Ghatkopar west is accessible from Thane and Navi Mumbai by the Eastern Highway and the Sion-Panvel highway.
Employment hubs near Ghatkopar west
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years, owing to its proximity to various commercial complexes in and near Ghatkopar West. These include:
- Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), which is situated at a distance of 5.4 kilometres from the locality.
Ghatkopar west provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. Various schools in Ghatkopar west include KVK Sarvajanik Education Society School, Nath Nagar Municipal Corporation of Greater School, North Welfare Society’s High School, Saraswati Vidya Niketan School and many others enjoy. The major hospitals in Ghatkopar west include Matoshree Abai Thackeray Hospital, Shree Nadhar Samal Sanchilit Hospital, Sapna Hospital, Sarvodaya Hospital, Chandrajyoti Hospital, Harshil Heart Hospital and Navnirman Maternity and Surgical Hospital.
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs like Union Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Corporation Bank, Punjab Bank and Saraswat Bank.
The locality also provides its residents with a number of luxurious shopping arcades like Laxmi Shopping Centre and R City Mall.
Physical Infrastructure in Ghatkopar west
- Metro Railway development plans have been proposed by the government and the work is underway.
Price trends in Ghatkopar west
- Price appreciation in Ghatkopar west – Around 18.4% in last 2 years.
- Current property rates in Ghatkopar west – Rs 14,992- Rs 21,192 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Ghatkopar west
Considering the increasing price trends Ghatkopar west and the obvious rise in demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment. The high increase in property prices is a promising trait to start with. The presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Ghatkopar west a coveted working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Big-ticket projects like Sandu Sanskar, Neelkanth Enclave, Flintstone Group Flint Heights and Neumec Shrushti are probably among the best projects to invest in Ghatkopar west.