Table of Contents
IC Colony holds the highest Christian population in Mumbai. The name of the colony is derived from the Immaculate Conception Church or the IC Church located at the south-eastern entrance of the colony. The locality is bordered by the popular colonies of LIC Colony, Madonna Colony, Marian Colony, Kanderpada and Rishi Complex.
Connectivity with nearby IC Colony localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The area is served by the National Highways, NH-3 and NH-4.
- The nearest railway station is the Borivali railway station, which is situated at a distance of 3.4 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is 20.7 kilometers from the locality.
- BEST transport network of bus services is operational here .
Employment hubs near IC Colony
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various commercial complexes in and near IC Colony, such as:
- Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), which is 28 kilometres from the locality.
IC Colony provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. Various schools in IC Colony include Mary Immaculate Girls’ School, Vibgyor High School, St Francis D’Assisi High School, JBCN International School, RR International College, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Polytechnic Institute and many more.
The major hospitals in IC Colony include MM Hospital, Pearl Hospital, Chandra Maternity Hospital and MM Medical Centre and Diagnostics.
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including Corporation Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, HDFC Bank and State Bank of India.
Physical infrastructure in IC Colony
- The Thane-Borivali tunnel project has been approved and is to be undertaken by the government.
Price trends in IC Colony
- Price appreciation in IC Colony – Around 1% in last 3 months.
- Current property rates in IC Colony – Rs 12,652 – Rs 17,646 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in IC Colony
IC Colony has grown up to emerge as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property prices and demand, make investing in IC Colony a lucrative attempt. The presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality is making IC Colony a preferred working as well as a residential destination.
Projects like Ajmera Regalia, Vas Infrastructure Pushp Vinod 2, Kanakia Aroha and many others situated in and around the locality, are among the best projects to invest in IC Colony.
Check properties in IC Colony