Table of Contents
Kurla lies on the southern end of Salsette Island, on the eastern bank of the Mithi River. Kurla is a preferred residential and a commercial hub. It houses a number of industrial estates too. The locality lies in close proximity to important areas of Chembur, Chunabhatti and Ghatkopar. Also, the creek links Kurla to areas of Kalina, Dharavi and Sion.
Connectivity with nearby Kurla localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Kurla enjoys unimpeded connectivity to different parts of Mumbai, Maharashtra via the Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg or the former old road, Andheri Road and other link roads.
- The Eastern Highway offers unimpeded connectivity to Causeway and Mulund.
- The nearest railway station is the Kurla railway station, which is situated at a distance of 3.9 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport that is 10.1 kilometers from the locality.
- BEST network of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Kurla
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years, owing to its proximity to various commercial complexes in and near Kurla. These include:
- Bandra Kurla Complex, which is situated at a distance of 5 kilometres from the locality.
- Saki Naka, a major industrial hub of the locality.
Kurla provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals. Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Iqra International School, Holy Cross High School, Gandhi Bal Mandir High School, Swami Vivekanand High School and College and many others, are the famous schools in Kurla.
The major hospitals in Kurla include V-Care Hospital, Guru Darshan Hospital and The Aryan Hospital.
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs including Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Syndicate Bank.
The locality also provides its residents with a number of luxurious shopping arcades like Raghuleela Mall, Oberoi Mall and Phoenix Market City.
Physical infrastructure in Kurla
- Redevelopment in the Bandra Kurla Complex is underway.
Price trends in Kurla
- Price appreciation in Kurla – Around 17.5% in last 2 years.
- Current property rates in Kurla – Rs 10,862 –Rs 16,543 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kurla
Kurla has grown into a very convenient neighbourhood, considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property pricing and demand, make investing in Kurla a lucrative attempt. Presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality, make Kurla a preferred working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Projects like Baba Homes Ekta, Dheera LivSmart, Omkar BKC Phase II and Ruparel Solitaire and many more make Kurla a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood that provides better and cheaper living conditions.
Check properties in Kurla