Table of Contents
Kanchipuram is one of the most prominent districts of the state of Tamil Nadu. Its district headquarters is the Kanchipuram Town, which is located very close to Chennai. Certain areas of the Kanchipuram district fall adjacent to the city or within the city limits. Kanchipuram is known as the gateway to the southern part of the city of Chennai. Nearby Kanchipuram localities include Pallavaram, Tambaram, Sholinganallur, Alandur, etc.
Being one of the oldest parts of the state, it is one of the premier residential districts as far as Kanchipuram real estate is concerned. Beautifully planned and landscaped, the area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a mixed population. The Madras Christian College is located in the district. The district also houses the Madras Export Processing Zone, which earns foreign exchange for the country. Due to advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, the city of Chennai has been witnessing a rapid growth in the influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kanchipuram, being one of the noted neighborhoods of Chennai. The district is also known for the large temples that it has.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the, area like Royal Splendour Akarshana, VGN Milano Square, Marutham Group Heritage, etc. Builders in Kanchipuram include famed developers like the Marutham Group, Mantri Group, Shriwin Constructions and Steps Stone Group, who are working on some of the projects in Kanchipuram.
Connectivity with nearby Kanchipuram localities
- Chennai Bypass Expressway, Kundrathur Road, Grand Southern Trunk Road and Outer Ring Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Kanchipuram Bus Stand and the Tambaram Stand, lie in close vicinity.
- The area has its own railway station. Apart from that, there is a railway station at Chromepet, from which the railway services can also be availed.
- The International Airport Metro Station, the St Thomas Mount Metro Station and the Alandur Metro Station lie at a close proximity.
- The international airport lies within the area.
Employment hubs near Kanchipuram
- The Olympia Tech Park, the TEK Meadows and the MPL Silicon Towers are located at an approximate distance of about 15 kilometres from the area.
- The Chennai Trade Centre, the SIDCO Industrial Estate and TECCI Park are approximately 16 kilometres away from the area.
Kanchipuram offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kanchipuram district include the Loyola Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Lalaji Memorial Omega International School and Chellammal Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kanchipuram district include the Chennai Krishna Hospital, BM Hospital and Hindu Mission Health Services. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Kanchipuram district such as the Gold Souk Grande Mall, Phoenix Market City, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in Kanchipuram
- Price appreciation – around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,846-5,188 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kanchipuram
Considering the price trends in Kanchipuram and the rising demand, the locality should prove to be a good investment. There is good appreciation of property rates as a number of projects are being developed. The area has many gated communities and luxury apartments. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that Kanchipuram is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Considering all these factors Kanchipuram is an excellent place for investment.