Table of Contents
Kattupakkam is a premier residential area located in the western suburbs of Chennai. Nearby Kattupakkam localities include Guindy, Avadi, KK Nagar, Ambattur, etc. The Kattupakkam real estate market has a variety of projects, ranging from affordable to luxury housing. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Arihant Group, Royal Splendour, Sobha Group, who are working with their different projects in Kattupakkam. Some of the premier projects in Kattupakkam include Arihant Housing Amara, Royal Splendour Advaya and Sobha Serene.
Due to advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, the city of Chennai has been witnessing a rapid growth in the influx of working population from outside. As a result of this, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kattupakkam. Although the prices of flats in Kattupakkam is rapidly increasing, affordable housing options for the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can also be found here.
Kattupakkam has been brought under the purview of the Corporation of Chennai and various infrastructure projects have been planned. The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector, have also led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Kattupakkam localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area – the Avadi-Kattupakkam Road, the Chennai-Bangalore Highway, the Chennai Bypass Expressway, the Trunk Road and the Outer Ring Road.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Avadi Bus Stand, the Koyembedu Bus Stand and the KK Nagar Bus Stand and the CMBT lie in close vicinity.
- There are railway stations at Avadi and Guindy, from which the railway services can also be availed. The railway stations are proximately 11 and 12 kilometres away, respectively, from Kattupakkam.
- The Guindy Metro Station and the Koyembedu Metro Station lie at a close proximity.
Employment hubs near Kattupakkam
- One India Bulls Park and the Ambattur Clothing Co and The Ambit, are approximately 8 kilometres away.
- DLF-IT Park SEZ, the Ambattur Industrial Estate and the Prince Info Park IT, are located approximately 8-9 kilometres from the area.
- AR Foundations-Acropolis is approximately 10 kilometres away.
Some of the reputed schools in Kattupakkam include the St Joseph’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Kalakshetra Matriculation Higher Secondary School and Sarojini Varadappan Girls Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kattupakkam include the Sri Ramachandra College and Medical Institute, Madras Medical Mission Hospital and Sundaram Medical Foundation. Malls in Kattupakkam include the Chandra Metro Mall, Forum Vijaya Mall, Ampa Skywalk Mall, etc.
Price trends in Kattupakkam
- Price appreciation – around 22% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,499-4,819 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kattupakkam
Considering the price trends in Kattupakkam and the rising demand, the locality offers good investment potential. The area has witnessed decent appreciation in property rates, with a number of projects being developed. Moreover, the area is located close to the IT/ITsS hub and industrial zones of Chennai. The Chennai City Corporation has taken over the administration of the area, which bodes well for the development of infrastructure facilities. Considering all these factors Kattupakkam is an excellent place for investment.