Table of Contents
The town of Mumbra is situated on the confluence of Ulhas River into Thane creek. The history of Mumbra goes back to 600 CE. It used to be a ship-building centre. At that time, many Arabs would frequent the shores of the Konkan area for trading with the local businessmen. They used to procure foodgrains, spices and fruits and to carry those goods, they used to order the ships that were constructed in Mumbra. The town was then named Umra and later got renamed as Mumbra Devi after the deity of Agri and Koli tribes.
Before 1975, most of the land in Mumbra was used for agriculture. It was after 1975 that the land became urbanised. Today, Mumbra houses a total population of 0.9 million.
Connectivity with nearby Mumbra localities
The locality is well-connected with various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Mumbra is linked to Thane and Navi Mumbai-Airoli node via the Old Mumbai-Pune Highway or the NH-4.
- Thane Municipal Transport (TMT) and Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) network of bus services are operational here.
- Mumbai airport is located at a distance of 29 kilometres from Mumbra.
- The nearest railway station is the Mumbra railway station which is situated at a distance of 4.2 kilometres.
Employment hubs near Mumbra
The locality has witnessed an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs.
- MEK Industrial Complex is an industrial area located within few kilometres from Mumbra.
- Kausa-Sheel belt of Mumbra houses medium-sized businesses.
Mumbra provides all kinds of social amenities to its residents enabling them to live a happy and peaceful life. These amenities include various schools and hospitals. The prominent educational institutes in and around Mumbra include Symbiosis Convent High School, Queen Mary`s High School & Junior College, Al Nadi UL Falah English School, Mumbra English High School and Rosary Convent High School and Junior College. The major health institutions dominating the area include Kalsekar Hospital, Mumbra Municipality Hospital, Rehmania Hospital, Mumbra Maternity and Orthopaedics Hospital and Eye Tech Eye Hospital. Apart from this, recreational facilities, banks and ATMs are also close to the area.
Physical infrastructure in Mumbra
- Model roads and flyovers will be built in Mumbra in near future.
Price trends in Mumbra
- Price depreciation—Around 7% in last 1.5 years.
- Current property rates—Rs 2,163-Rs 3,949 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Mumbra
Mumbra has emerged as an affordable living destination in Mumbai. Also, Mumbra provides good connectivity, thus, luring many buyers. Although property prices are decreasing at the moment, yet with an increasing demand, prices are likely to rise again. So, investing in Mumbra can be both beneficial and lucrative at the moment.
Affordable yet luxurious projects like Sunrise Group’s Sudha Apartments, Gupta Builders’ Silver Arch, Squarefeet Gorup’s Green Square, will definitely make Mumbra a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood in future.
Check properties in Mumbra