Table of Contents
Perambur, a locality in the northern part of Chennai, used to be a bamboo forest, before the advent of the British rule. During the British rule, the area was attached to the main city and was one of the major commercial areas. Perambur also houses the Integral Coach Factory of the Indian Railways. Today, the locality has the largest settlement of Anglo-Indian community in the city. Being one of the oldest and well-planned areas, Perambur offers a wide range of civic amenities and is very well-connected to other parts of the greater city. The locality has a three-level flyover. The first and third levels, have roads while the second level has a railway line. This structure helps to reduce the traffic congestion in the locality to a very large extent.
As far as Perambur real estate is concerned, the locality has a mix of residential and commercial complexes. Nearby Perambur localities include Ayanavaram, Jawahar Nagar, TVK Nagar, Madhavaram, etc. Many projects are being developed by prominent builders in Perambur like Unitech, Navin Housing, etc. A few of the noted projects in Perambur include Royal Splendour Alankrita, Unitech Brahma, Unitech Chaitanya, etc.
Connectivity with nearby Perambur localities
- Paper Mills Road, Madhavaram High Road, Perambur Main Road and Siruvallur Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus Stand, one of the landmarks in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyembedu Metro Station, Chennai Central and Egmore Metro stations lie in close vicinity.
- The Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore suburban railway stations are located approximately 8 kilometres from the area. Perambur also has its own railway station which is one of the largest in the city.
Employment hubs near Perambur
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is approximately 5 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One, are also located approximately at a distance of 7 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road and Visharanthi Homes are located at an approximate distance of 8-9 kilometres only from the area.
Perambur offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Perambur include the Doveton Correy Boys Higher Secondary School, Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai Corporation Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Perambur include the Amrit Hospital, Abhijay Hospital, Stanley Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Perambur such as the Fountain plaza, Abhirami Mega Mall, Spectrum Mall, etc.
Price trends in Perambur
- Price appreciation—Around 29% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 4,883-Rs 7,007 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Perambur
Perambur possesses many gated communities and luxury apartments. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and is witnessing rapid growth. Thus, Perambur is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in Perambur and the rising demand, the locality will prove to be a good investment region in future, with excellent potential for appreciation of property rates in the area. With a number of projects under development, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Perambur