Table of Contents
The Punjab Urban Planning and Development Authority (PUDA) was established in 1995, with an objective to ensure balanced urban growth of the state. The agency is responsible for providing planned residential, commercial and industrial spaces.
Main objectives of PUDA
The key objectives of the development body include:
- Integrated planning and development of urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the improvement of the environment in urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparing and implementing regional plans, master plans, new township plans and town improvement schemes.
- Promoting R&D of new techniques in urban development and housing construction.
See also: How to find Punjab land records online?
PUDA operational framework
To achieve its objectives, the PUDA’s operational framework and area of focus revolve around:
- Developing affordable housing using cost-effective technologies and environment-friendly building materials.
- Creating self-contained residential complexes/ integrated townships.
- Undertaking projects that focus on urban development, commercial complexes and creating state-of-the-art Infrastructure.
- Optimum utilisation of vacant government land to generate additional resources.
Citizen services on PUDA
Citizens can avail of varying services using the official site of the PUDA, https://www.puda.gov.in/. Users can apply for sanction of allotment letter, change of ownership, copies of documents, issuance of NOC, building plan, DPC certificate etc., using the web portal. Citizens can also submit their grievances on the site.
PUDA property auction
The PUDA sells residential plots and apartments in Punjab through e-auctions, from time to time, at affordable rates. Any person legally competent to enter into a contract, is eligible to participate in the auction.
To know about all new e-auctions at the PUDA, click here.
How to participate in PUDA e-auction?
Bidders will have to sign up and obtain a user ID and a password on the official portal, https://puda.eauctions.in. They will then be required to deposit the eligibility fee through online means, including net banking/debit card/credit card /RTGS/NEFT, within a specified period. The verification of online payment is a prerequisite, for a bidder to be able to participate in the auction. So, the bidders are required to remit the eligibility fee on time. The e-auction will be held at stipulated date and time, on the portal.
Note that you will be responsible to obtain a compatible computer terminal with high-speed internet connection, to participate in the e-auction. You should also install the SSL certificate available on the portal, under the tab ‘Downloads’.
Also read: How to buy a property under auction
Helpdesk support for e-auction bidders
Bidders are provided technical assistance over the telephone from Monday to Friday between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The helpdesk will remain closed during lunch break (from 1:30 PM up to 2:15 PM) on each working day.
Room No. 9, PUDA Bhawan, Sector-62, SAS Nagar
Helpdesk numbers: 0172-5027180, 5027184, 5027183
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
PUDA contact information
PUDA Bhawan, Sector 62, SAS Nagar,
Mohali, Punjab, India
Where is the head office of the PUDA located?
The head office of the PUDA is in SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab.
When was the PUDA established?
The PUDA was established in 1995.
What is the official website of PUDA?
The official website of PUDA is www.puda.gov.in