Table of Contents
The Ramamurthy Nagar real estate market has witnessed higher demand, for a number of reasons, with the main one being easy accessibility to IT parks in Bengaluru, as well as the induction of the area into the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. Most importantly, four railway stations, namely B Channasandra, Byappanahalli, Krishnarajapura and Banaswadi, are located nearby. This has scaled up demand for flats in Ramamurthy Nagar.
The area is divided into numerous layouts and the popular ones include Garden Street, Pragathi Layout, Dr Ambedkar Nagar and many others. There are several schools and hospitals in this area. The locality was primarily a farmland in the past but the IT boom in the 1990s, facilitated skyrocketing growth here. The area steadily became populated by bank employees, software professionals and ITI personnel.
The area has several lakes including the Varanasi Lake and Kowdenahalli Lake. There are many choices available among the apartments in Ramamurthy Nagar, although 2 and 3-BHK are mostly preferred by the home buyers. Some of the well-known real estate builders in Ramamurthy Nagar have developed big-ticket projects in Ramamurthy Nagar, which include SML Maple Tree and Sapphire Park, to name a few.
Apart from its excellent location, the presence of several lakes and temples and the serene environment, have attracted buyers to invest in Ramamurthy Nagar. Ramamurthy Nagar promises better appreciation rates, as compared to the nearby Ramamurthy Nagar localities.
Connectivity with nearby Ramamurthy Nagar localities
- Ramamurthy Nagar is located about 16 kilometres from the Majestic Bus Station, in Bengaluru Central.
- Excellently-connected to the other important areas like Outer Ring Road (ORR), Banaswadi Road and Market Road.
- The nearest metro station in Byappanahalli is located 4 kilometres away.
- Ramamurthy Nagar is located 32 kilometres away from the Kempegowda International Airport, which is less than an hour’s drive.
- BMTC bus network joins this place to many other parts of the city.
- Autorickshaws ply along TC Palya Main Road and RM Nagar Main Road.
Employment hubs near Ramamurthy Nagar
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 10.3 kilometres via NH-44 and NH-75.
- Koramangala – 22 kilometres via NH-44.
- International Tech Park (ITPB) – 11 kilometres via NH-75.
- Bagmane Tech Park – 8.8 kilometres via Swamy Vivekananda Road.
- Companies that are easily accessible – Capgemini, L&T Infotech, Siemens, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys and many others.
- Whitefield – 13.9 kilometres via Whitefield Main Road.
Ramamurthy Nagar has impressive social infrastructure. Leading schools in Ramamurthy Nagar include Jaigopal Garodia Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra and Maithry Vidyanikethan School. Reputable hospitals in Ramamurthy are Koshys Hospital and Sri Sai Eye Hospital. Popular malls in Ramamurthy Nagar include the Gopalan Signature Mall, Orion Mall and Elements Mall, to name a few.
Upcoming physical infrastructure in Ramamurthy Nagar
- With the second phase of the Namma Metro expansion, Ramamurthy Nagar will be offered access to two more stations, namely Jyothipura and KR Puram. This will be on the Purple Line of Namma Metro.
- The railway station at Krishnarajapuram has been proposed to be a station for Bengaluru Commuter Rail.
- The upcoming Peripheral Ring Road will also serve to reduce peak hour traffic snarls and boost ease of transportation.
Price trends in Ramamurthy Nagar
- Price appreciation – 4% over the last couple of years.
- Current property rates – Rs 2,618–4,651 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Ramamurthy Nagar
The price trends in Ramamurthy Nagar indicate steady appreciation in the future, backed by good connectivity and social infrastructure. However, encroachment is a threat to lakes like the Kowdenahalli Lake. Destruction of all surrounding flora and fauna is a major issue here, while several borewells have also dried up. There are no provisions for parks and gardens as well.