Table of Contents
Secunderabad was built in the year 1806. The city is named after Sikander Jah who was the third Nizam of the Asaf Jahi dynasty. The city is segregated from Hyderabad by the Hussain Sagar Lake. Secunderabad forms a part of Greater Hyderabad and is one of the largest metropolitan areas of the country. Secunderabad is a major centre for railway activities, housing the headquarters of the South Central Railway.
Connectivity with nearby Secunderabad localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The nearest railway stations include Secunderabad Junction, which is located at a distance of 1.3 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airport is the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is 36 kilometres from the locality.
- Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) services connect the locality to major parts of Hyderabad.
- The locality is served by the Andhra Pradesh Transport Corporation (APSRTC) network of bus services.
- The locality is also accessible from different parts of Hyderabad via the MG Road and the Rastrapathi Road.
- Tank Bund Road connects the city of Secunderabad with Hyderabad.
Employment hubs near Secunderabad
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years, owing to its proximity to various commercial complexes in and near Secunderabad, such as:
- Offices of popular companies like Infosys, Coromandel International and ITC.
- Industrial areas of Moula-Ali, Bolarum, Uppal Bhongir and Ghatkesar, Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD) and ECIL.
Secunderabad provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. This includes various schools and hospitals.
Akshara Vaagdevi International School, Delhi Public School, Amrita Vidyalayam, Bhavan’s Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya, Osmania University PG College, Loyola Academy Junior College and many more, are the best educational institutions of Secunderabad.
The major health institutions in Secunderabad include Yashoda Hospital, KIMS Hospital, Srikara Hospital and Care Hospitals.
Apart from these, it also provides recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including Dena Bank, Axis Bank, Indian Bank and Union Bank.
Physical infrastructure in Secunderabad
- Secunderabad and 23 other core railway stations have been proposed to be modernised by the SCR authorities.
Price trends in Secunderabad
- Price appreciation in Secunderabad – Around 12.5% in last 2 years.
- Average current property rates in Secunderabad – Rs 3,500 –Rs 4,000 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Secunderabad
Secunderabad has emerged as a very convenient neighbourhood, considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property pricing and demand, make investing in Secunderabad lucrative. The presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality, make Secunderabad a preferred working, as well as residential destination of Telangana.
Projects like Omsree Brightview, Giridhari Kamal Narayan, Kranti Group Signature and Legend Opera situated in and around the locality, are among the best projects to invest in Secunderabad.