Table of Contents
Tollygunge is surrounded by the Eastern Railway’s suburban line to the north, the Pashchim and Purba Putiaries in the south, Lake Gardens and Golf Green in the east and Behala in the west. The places in Tollygunge, which are worthy of mention, include, Tollygunge Club, Royal Calcutta Golf Club (RCGC), ITC Sangeet Research Academy and Indrapuri Film Studio.
Connectivity with nearby Tollygunge localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The locality is well-connected to the renowned localities of Kolkata, namely Alipore, Ballygunge, Bhowanipore, Brahmapur, Chak Garia, Dhakuria among others.
- The nearest railway station is the Tollygunge railway station, which is located at a distance of 1.5 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airport is the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, which is situated at a distance of 25.4 kilometres.
- CSTC, WBSTC, SD and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Tollygunge
The locality is witnessing an increase in population in recent years, owing to its proximity to the commercial hub of Sector V, which is located at a distance of 16.6 kilometres.
Tollygunge is the hub of Bengali film industry, housing a number of film studios, namely Indrapuri Studio, Technician Studio, Deluxe Modelling Studio and Octave Studio.
Tollygunge provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. This includes various schools and hospitals. GD Birla Centre For Education, Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management, Sir Nripendranath Institution, ITI Tollygunge, Kalidhan Institution and many more, enjoy being the best educational institutions of Tollygunge.
The major health institutions in Tollygunge include RSV Hospital, Tapan Sinha Memorial Hospital and MR Bangur Hospital.
Apart from these, it also provides recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Indian Bank and State Bank of India.
Tollygunge also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include South City Mall and Spencer’s Tolly Club.
Physical infrastructure in Tollygunge
The Joka-Tollygunge Metro line is being constructed.
Price trends in Tollygunge
- Price appreciation in Tollygunge – Around 3.5% in the last 1 year.
- Present property rates in Tollygunge – Rs 3,500 – Rs 10,500 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Tollygunge
Tollygunge has emerged as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property prices and demand, make investing in Tollygunge a lucrative attempt. Tollygunge has emerged as a preferred working as well as residential destination of West Bengal.
Projects like Bengal Millennium Falcon, Gajraj Group Gajraj Shree and A Sarkar and Associates Yahvi situated in and around the locality, are among the best projects to invest in Tollygunge.
Check properties in Tollygunge