Table of Contents
Triplicane is one of the oldest neighborhoods located in the southern part of the city of Chennai and is one of the cultural hubs of the city. The famous Marina Beach of Chennai is located in this region. The Parthasarathy Temple and the Triplicane Big Mosque, are other important religious and cultural centres in the area. Nearby Triplicane localities include Alwarpet, Santhome, Mandaveli, Gopalapuram and Mylapore. Historically, the area was known as Thiruvallikeni which means sacred lily pond in Tamil and denotes the pond in front of Parthasarathy Temple. The name Triplicane is the Anglo-modified version of the original name. The area even finds a mention in the epics. A lot of development took place during the British era. A number of mosques, palaces and educational institutions were built here. The area is also known as a bachelor’s paradise, due to the large number of boarding houses.
Being one of the oldest parts of the city, it is one of the premier residential areas as far as Triplicane real estate is concerned. Beautifully planned and landscaped, the area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a cosmopolitan population. Due to advent of various IT majors and other multi-national companies (MNCs), the city of Chennai has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside the city. As a result of this, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Triplicane, with it being one of the noted suburbs of Chennai. Beautifully planned and landscaped, this area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a cosmopolitan population.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the area like Radiance Realty Viswamoda and Yuga Mithila. Builders in Triplicane include famed developers like the Yuga Homes who are working on some of their projects in Triplicane.
Connectivity with nearby Triplicane localities
- RK Mutt Road, Dr Sivaji Ganesan Road, Santhome High Road and Anna Salai Mount Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area
- The locality is at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from Koyambedu Bus Stand, one of the landmarks of bus transport in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned the St Thomas Mount Metro Station and the Chennai International Airport Metro Station are located at close proximity of about 11 – 15 kilometres.
- The Chennai Central and the Chennai Egmore suburban railway stations are located approximately 4 kilometres from the area respectively.
Employment hubs near Triplicane
- The Prestige Polygon, Navin WSS Towers and Vishranthi Homes are located at a distance of about 3-4 kilometres.
- The Bascon IT Park, Madras Stock Exchange and Khader Nawaz Khan Road are approximately 5-6 kilometres away.
Triplicane offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Triplicane include the PS Senior Secondary School, Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School and MCTM Chidambaram Chettyar International IB School. Some of the leading hospitals in Triplicane include The CSI Kalyani Hospital, Apollo Hospital and Fortis Malar Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in Triplicane such as the Chennai Citi Centre, Rainbow Arcade and Century Plaza.
Price trends in Triplicane
- Price appreciation- Around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 6,978 – Rs 14,953 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Triplicane
Considering the price trends in Triplicane and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed here. The area has many gated communities and luxury apartments. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that Triplicane is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai.
Check properties in Triplicane