Table of Contents
Known for the Vadapalani Andavar Temple and the famous film studios, Vadapalani is one of the oldest neighbourhoods located in the city of Chennai. The locality has a history which dates back to the period of the Pallava and the Chola Dynasty. Later, during the British rule it was attached to be a part of the greater city of Chennai. The area is near Kodambakkam, where the first movie studio and theatre of Chennai was established. Later, a number of other studios were also started in this area. Famous music composer AR Rahman has his house and music studio in this locality. As far as infrastructure is concerned, the locality is dotted with many important roads. One of the first flyovers of Chennai was built in this area way back in the 70’s, which eases the traffic congestion here.
As far as Vadapalani real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Nearby Vadapalani localities include KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar and Kodambakkam. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in Vadapalani like Sidharth Housing and Navin Housing. A few of the noted projects in Vadapalani include Sidharth Housing Tulsi, Doshi Gardens and Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam.
Connectivity with nearby Vadapalani localities
- Poonamallee High Road, Dr Sivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Arcot Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 7 kilometres from Koyambedu Bus stand, one of the landmarks of bus transport in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned the Koyambedu Metro Station, International Airport Metro Station and the Chennai Central and the Egmore metro stations are located at close proximity.
- The Chennai Central and the Chennai Egmore suburban railway stations are located, approximately 9 kilometres and 7.5 kilometres from the area respectively. Vadapalani is also very close to Kodambakkam railway station, which is one of the largest in the city of Chennai.
- The International Airport is at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from the locality.
Employment hubs near Vadapalani
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located approximately 7 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One are located approximately at a distance of 5 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khader Nawaz Khan Road, Madras Stock Exchange and Vishranthi Homes are located at an approximate distance of 3-4 kilometres.
Vadapalani offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Vadapalani include the Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School and Vadapalani Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Vadapalani include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital and Vijaya Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in Vadapalani such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall and Matrix Mall.
Price trends in Vadapalani
- Price appreciation- Around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 6,906 -Rs 10,338 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Vadapalani
Considering the price trends in Vadapalani and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates and with a number of projects being developed here. The area has a cosmopolitan population. Moreover, the varieties of residential projects are many. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that Vadapalani is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai.
Check properties in Vadapalani