Table of Contents
The Yelahanka real estate market has taken off, after the establishment of the international airport in northern Bengaluru and the official induction of this area into the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. Yelahanka has also witnessed a transformation after the IT boom, which took place in the 1990s. Demand has gone up steadily for flats in Yelahanka and the locality has developed a more cosmopolitan flavour now.
Yelahanka is a well-planned township and the National Highway 7 passes through it. The Hospital Main Road and BB Road are business areas, along with 16th B Cross and Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Roads in New Town. There are several beautiful lakes in the locality and the Puttenahalli Lake has been made into a bird sanctuary, as well. Yelahanka is one of Bangalore’s low-congestion zones and has its own dedicated green belt and wide roads. There are several well-known schools for children, along with beautiful parks. The development of several mixed use projects along the NH-7 linking to the airport, led to an increase in demand for property in Yelahanka.
There are different options, when it comes to apartments in Yelahanka, although 2 and 3-BHK are the mostly preferred configurations. There are many leading builders in Yelahanka including Puravankara, Prestige, Sobha, Brigade and many others.
This place is still a good bet for affordable and mid-range housing and the neighbouring regions like KR Puram and Byappanahalli offer choices for the upper end of the market. Yelahanka offers huge potential for growth, with its connectivity options and upmarket nature.
Connectivity with nearby Yelahanka localities
- Well-connected to Bengaluru downtown, via a six-lane dual carriageway highway.
- Yelahanka railway station offers direct connection to areas like KR Puram, Byappanahalli and Yeshwantpur.
- Well-connected to NH-9 and NH-7.
- Yelahanka is located near the Kempegowda International Airport (19.5 kilometres), which can be accessed through the Kempegowda International Airport Road.
- BMTC bus service offers easy transportation to several other parts of the city.
- The nearest Namma Metro station from Yelahanka is Mahalakshmi Metro Station.
Employment hubs near Yelahanka
The main business centers in Yelahanka area are as follows:
- Hospital Main Road.
- BB Road.
- 16th ‘B’ Cross, in the New Town area.
- Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road.
- Yelahanka Mother Dairy processing unit.
- Rail Wheel Factory.
- Major industries here include Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Hobel Flexibles, Federal-Mogul Goetze and others.
Yelahanka also ensures good connectivity to major business hubs like the following:
- Embassy Manyata Tech Park – 10.9 kilometres via NH-44.
- Whitefield – 29.5 kilometres via NH-75.
- Offers good connectivity to Devanahalli and IT zones there.
Yelahanka boasts of a solid social infrastructure. Reputed schools in Yelahanka include the Canadian International School and the National Public School. Leading hospitals in Yelahanka include the Nava Chethana Hospital, KK Hospital and Neha Prakash Hospital. Popular malls in Yelahanka include the Food World Mall, Yelahanka New Town Shopping Complex and Mega Mart Mall, to name a few.
Physical infrastructure in Yelahanka
- Proposed aerospace industry near Bagalur.
- Proposed hardware and software SEZ.
Price trends in Yelahanka
- Price appreciation – around 3% over the last year.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,815-5,918 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Yelahanka
Considering the price trends in Yelahanka, the region offers huge scope of appreciation, especially due to the planned developments near the airport and excellent connectivity. Yelahanka offers good social infrastructure and is also a peaceful neighbourhood, along with several international schools. The only issue here is that several water bodies are being filled up or neglected. Additionally, drinking water problems continue to plague the locality. However, it makes for a good investment destination overall.
Check properties in Yelahanka