Table of Contents
Borivali has emerged from a conglomeration of a number of smaller towns namely Eksar, Poisar, Kandivali, Shimpoli, Mandpeshwar, Kanheri, Tulsi, Magathane and many others. The name Borivali is derived from the name of a sweet fruit called ‘Borr’ which means berries in English. There used to be a lot of those trees in Borivali which gave its name. The existence of this locality dates back to the British era.
The main tourist attraction in the region is the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Land of Borivali is very fertile and extremely suitable for agriculture. Today, the locality is known for its trade and urbanisation and has emerged as a major area for real estate, owing to its state of development and ease of connectivity to other parts of Maharashtra.
Connectivity with nearby Borivali east localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas of Mumbai and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Borivali east lies close to the localities of Devipada, Abhinav Nagar, Jai Jawan Nagar, Asara Colony, Ambabari, Sukarwadi, Chintamani Nagar, Shankheshwar Nagar, Ovari Pada, Chinchpada, Dattapada, Magathane and Nancy Colony.
- BEST and Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) run their bus service in the region.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is located at a distance of 18 kilometres from Borivali east.
- The nearest railway station is the Central railway station, which is situated at a distance of 35 kilometres.
Employment hubs near Borivali east
Borivali east has witnessed an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs and offices like Sai Auto Hyundai, Ajeets Group and Perfect Job Placement. All these offices are located within the range of few kilometres from Borivali east.
Borivali east provides all kinds of social amenities to its residents, enabling them to live a happy and peaceful life. These amenities include various schools and hospitals. The prominent schools in Borivali east include St John’s School, Seth MK High School, Municipal School, Gokhale College, ISMT Business School, St Rocks College of Commerce and Science, Institute of Management Studies and Junior College, etc. Further, the major hospitals in Borivali east include Ankit Hospital, Narendra Hospital, Parmar Hospital, Shatabdi Hospital, Metro Polis Hospital, Crystal Hospital, etc.
Borivali east is also close to various banks and ATMs. The locality also provides its residents with many luxurious shopping arcades, such as Indraprastha Shopping Mall, Raghuleela Mall, Vishnu Shivam Mall, V Mall, etc.
Physical infrastructure in Borivali east
- Thane-Borivali Tunnel project has been approved but is yet to be undertaken by the government.
Price trends in Borivali east
- Price appreciation—Around 23.1 % in last 1.5 years.
- Current property rates—Rs 11,157-Rs 17,640 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Borivali east
Considering the increasing price trends in Borivali east and the obvious rise in demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. The high increase in property prices is a promising trait to start with. Presence of more and more commercial hubs in and around the locality, is also making Borivali east a coveted working, as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Further, big-ticket projects like Oberoi Realty’s Sky City, CCI Projects’ Rivali Park Winter Green, Paradigm Group’s Ariana and Hirani Developers’s Ruby Apartment are also making Borivali east a posh residential neighbourhood.