Table of Contents
If you are a home buyer in Hyderabad, Kukatpally Housing Board Colony, also known as KPHB Colony, must be a familiar location for you. This is one of the highly-populated hubs in Hyderabad city, which was planned and developed by the Telangana Housing Board, earlier known as the Andhra Pradesh Housing Board. Located in the northern fringe of the city, the area has close proximity to some of the popular areas such as Gachibowli, Hitech City, etc., which makes KPHB a desirable location for the migrant population. Here is everything you need to know about Kukatpally Housing Board Colony.
Kukatpally Housing Board Colony: Overview
KPHB Colony is one of the most populated areas in the city. The property options available in this area are mainly old constructions. Since it is in close proximity to the IT hubs of Hyderabad, it serves as an affordable alternative to expensive real estate hotspots. A number of prominent developers have acquired land parcels here, to launch high-rise projects, which are nearing completion. This is another reason why property prices have risen here in the past six months.
See also: Top localities to invest in Hyderabad
KPHB Colony: Property type available
KPHB Colony mostly has apartment units, as well as independent houses or duplexes and plots. Since Hyderabad is one of those cities where plotted developments are almost as affordable as apartments, a number of developers have projects offering such units. A majority of the property options in Kukatpally Housing Board are available in the sub-Rs 1 crore category, which makes it a popular affordable residential hub among home buyers.
Kukatpally Housing Board Colony: Things you should know before investing
While the locality is immensely popular and has all the necessary amenities, there are few things that a home buyer should know, before investing in KPHB:
- Since the area lies in proximity to the employment hubs, it is prone to heavy traffic jams.
- The area has a huge student population as there are a number of universities in the neighbourhood.
- As Mumbai Highway passes through KPHB, the retail sector has seen a boom here. It has also become a commercial hub for some sectors, which has resulted in rapid commercialisation of the spaces.
- A number of industrial and manufacturing units have also come up in the nearby surroundings of KPHB.
- Kukatpally has two metro stations – KPHB Metro and Kukatpally Metro – which connect it to the centre of Hyderabad and other areas of the city. It also has robust public transport connectivity.
- Earlier, it was a part of Malkajgiri revenue district but now it falls under Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).
See also: All about the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA)
Kukatpally Housing Board Colony: Property prices
|Capital values (per sq ft)||Rent (per month)|
|Average price||Rs 6,895||Rs 19,301|
|Price range||Rs 4,000 – Rs 10,000||Rs 8,000 – Rs 40,000|
What is Kukatpally Housing Board Colony?
Kukatpally Housing Board Colony is a prominent area in north Hyderabad.
Who developed the KPHB Colony?
KPHB Colony was developed by the Andhra Pradesh Housing Board, now known as Telangana Housing Board.