Table of Contents
- Objectives of Basava Vasati Yojana
- Benefits of Basava Vasati Yojana scheme
- Beneficiaries of Basava Vasati Yojana
- Eligibility criteria for Basava Vasati Yojana
- Documents required for Basava Vasati Yojana
- Requirements to fill Basava Vasati Yojana application
- How to apply for Basava Vasati Yojana?
- How to check beneficiary status of Basava Vasati Yojana
- How to check name correction report?
- How to check grant release information?
- How to check Aadhaar linking status?
- Basava Vasati Scheme 2021 helpline contact details
- Important notice for Basava beneficiaries
- Basava Housing Scheme 2021: Latest update
In order to provide quality housing to the homeless population in Karnataka, the state government has incorporated the Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited, which provides pucca houses to socially and economically backward people. Under the Basava Vasati Yojana in the state, the applicants are liable to get 85% of the raw material for home construction from the state government. Basava Vasati Yojana is one of the six affordable housing schemes being implemented in the state.
Objectives of Basava Vasati Yojana
Basava Vasati Yojana is the Karnataka government’s programme, aimed at providing affordable houses to economically weaker section people. Through the scheme, the underprivileged people, who are not able to afford a house due to their financial conditions, can construct their own dwellings if they own land. The government provides construction material to construct a pucca house. The entire scheme intends to improve the living standard of people.
Benefits of Basava Vasati Yojana scheme
- Eligible homeless applicants will get houses under the scheme.
- Those beneficiaries who do not have a home or any land, will get homes at affordable prices.
- The transparency and effective management of resources, result in quick transfer of funds to the eligible beneficiaries.
Beneficiaries of Basava Vasati Yojana
The main beneficiaries of this scheme are people living below the poverty line, or from the backward communities. This scheme is open only for permanent residents of the state and migrants are not allowed to apply under this housing scheme.
Eligibility criteria for Basava Vasati Yojana
The state government has prescribed certain eligibility criteria, for the applicants who want to apply under the scheme:
- The applicant must be permanent residents of Karnataka.
- The applicant’s household income should not be more than Rs 32,000 per annum.
- The applicant should not own a pucca house anywhere in the state or country.
- The applicant must have a land or kutcha house where construction could take place.
Documents required for Basava Vasati Yojana
To apply for the housing scheme, applicants need the following documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Income proof
- Passport-sized photo
Requirements to fill Basava Vasati Yojana application
- Name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Contact number
- Income details
- District and village name
- Address of the applicant
- Aadhaar card number
- Income certificate
How to apply for Basava Vasati Yojana?
Applicants can apply online for the housing scheme. Follow this step-by-step procedure, to apply for the Basava Vasati Yojana:
- Visit the official portal Ashraya for Karnataka’s Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited.
- Click on the Registration link on the home page.
- Enter all the required details, personal information such as name of the applicant, date of birth, father’s name, contact details, gender, income details, mandal, district and village name, address of the applicant and Aadhaar card number and upload the requisite documents.
The beneficiary list is finalised by the gram panchayat authority and will be available online for viewing.
The beneficiaries are also selected on the ground level by the Block Development Officer through a lottery system. Once identified, the BDO visits the beneficiary’s correspondence address and submit the name in Form-17 which is later forwarded to the executive officer. Once the beneficiary list is finalised, the list is made available in the local block development office.
How to check beneficiary status of Basava Vasati Yojana
* Visit the RGRHCL portal and select ‘Beneficiary Information’ from the top menu.
*You will be redirected to a new page where you can select the district and enter the acknowledgement number, to check the status.
Your Basava Vasathi Yojana application status will be visible on the screen and you will be able to track your status in the beneficiary list.
See also: All about Karnataka Bhoomi RTC Portal
How to check name correction report?
- Visit the RGRHCL portal (click here).
- Based on the area you belong to – urban or rural – click on ‘Name Correction Report’.
- Choose the district, city/taluka.
- The list will be displayed on the screen and you can check the status.
How to check grant release information?
- Visit the RGRHCL portal.
- Look for ‘Subsidy Fund Release’ details, based on the urban or rural area you belong to.
- Select the year and week, along with the reference number.
- Click ‘Submit’ and the details will be visible on the screen.
All beneficiaries are required to link their Aadhaar numbers with their profiles, to get timely subsidy in their bank accounts. To check the Aadhaar linking status for Basava Vasati Yojana, users need to visit the UIDAI Bank Mapping portal and fill in the requisite details.
Basava Vasati Scheme 2021 helpline contact details
Applicants can use the below given address, to reach out to the authority for any discrepancy, or subsidy-related information:
Kaveri Bhawan, 9th Floor, C&F Block KG Road, Bangalore -560009, Fax: 91-080-22247317, Email: email@example.com and Contact Center: 080-23118888.
Important notice for Basava beneficiaries
According to the latest notification published by RGRHCL, all beneficiaries are required to download the Indira Mane App and upload the status of their homes improvement on the app. This activity is imperative for the release of funds from the government authority.
Basava Housing Scheme 2021: Latest update
Update on June 21
It seems the affordable housing programme in Karnataka is a long way from completion. The major reason for this, is the lack of proper land documentation by the state government. While the land has been identified, the land documents such as title and title deed are not available for several instances. Also, the process is being delayed by slow application submission. According to government data, of the 1.6 lakh applicants, only 15,758 applications have been submitted to the banks for housing loans, due to lack of documentation.
The Karnataka state government is planning to construct around 1.69 lakh houses under various housing schemes including the Basava Housing Scheme 2021. Around 69,000 houses will be constructed in Mysuru, Chikkamagalur and Raichur districts while another 1.2 lakh homes will be constructed across the state by the Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation at the expense of Rs 10,000 crores.
What is Basava Vasati Yojana?
The Basava Vasati Yojana of the Karnataka government aims to provide houses to economically and socially backward people in the state, by providing raw materials for construction.
Can I apply for the Basava Vasati Yojana if I live in another state?
Only permanent residents of Karnataka can apply for the Basava Vasati Yojana.
What is RGRHCL?
The RGRHCL (Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited) was set up in 2000, to implement central and state housing schemes in Karnataka.